Hello, my name is Liudmila. I was born in Lithuania, have family roots in Russia, but now I live in Norway:) I can't tell anything astonishing about myself... I'm not registered in the Guinness Book of Records, haven't invented the bicycle and wasn't elected as a president :D I'm an ordirary person with simple hobbies - love travelling, reading books, meeting my friends, I just love life as it is, with all advantages and disadvantages. I just have an interesting hobby - I collect bookmarks :) I'm a passionate bookmark collector and hope to find more collectors, exchange bookmarks with them, show my collection to others and have a look at other collections :) You can contact me, if you're interested in bookmark exchange :) Hope to find friends from all over the world :)

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Brother Peter of Saint Joseph Betancur


 Brother Peter of Saint Joseph Betancur (March 21, 1626 (Tenerife)—April 25, 1667 (Antigua Guatemala), called Hermano Pedro de San José Betancurt or more simply Hermano Pedro, Santo Hermano Pedro, or San Pedro de Vilaflor, was a Spanish saint and missionary. He is known as the "St. Francis of the Americas." He is known as the First Canarian Saint. More...



Prayer printed on the bookmark :
Señor, hazme un instrumento de tu paz.
Donde haya odio, siembre yo amor;
donde haya injuria, perdón;
donde haya duda, fe;
donde haya tristeza, alegría;
donde haya desaliento, esperanza;
donde haya sombras, luz.
¡Oh, Divino Maestro!
Que no busque ser consolado sino consolar;
que no busque ser amado sino amar;
que no busque ser comprendido sino comprender;
porque dando es como recibimos;
perdonando es como Tú nos perdonas;
y muriendo en Ti, es como nacemos a la vida eterna.

The prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment