Hello, my name is Liudmila. I was born in Lithuania, have family roots in Russia, but now I live in Norway:) I can't tell anything astonishing about myself... I'm not registered in the Guinness Book of Records, haven't invented the bicycle and wasn't elected as a president :D I'm an ordirary person with simple hobbies - love travelling, reading books, meeting my friends, I just love life as it is, with all advantages and disadvantages. I just have an interesting hobby - I collect bookmarks :) I'm a passionate bookmark collector and hope to find more collectors, exchange bookmarks with them, show my collection to others and have a look at other collections :) You can contact me, if you're interested in bookmark exchange :) Hope to find friends from all over the world :)

Sunday, August 3, 2014

View of Geiranger from Dalsnibba.

Dalsnibba is a mountain in Stranda Municipality in Møre og Romsdal county, Norway. It is located at the end of the Geiranger valley, about 21 kilometres (13 mi) south of the village of Geiranger and the Geirangerfjorden. The 2-square-kilometre (0.77 sq mi) lake Djupvatnet lies directly to the southeast of the mountain. The mountain is located very near the county border with both Oppland and Sogn og Fjordane counties, in the southeastern part of Møre og Romsdal county.
Dalsnibba offers a very good view and is therefore a very popular tourist destination. Dalsnibba is often covered by snow even in the summer. The Norwegian County Road 63 passes along the south side of the mountain, and from that road, there is a private toll road that goes up to the summit of Dalsnibba.
The Geiranger – From Fjord to Summit running and cycling race begins in the village of Geiranger and ends on top of Dalsnibba. More...


View of Geiranger from Dalsnibba. Photos from my trip to Geiranger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment