Hello, my name is Liudmila. I was born in Lithuania, have family roots in Russia, but now I live in Norway:) I can't tell anything astonishing about myself... I'm not registered in the Guinness Book of Records, haven't invented the bicycle and wasn't elected as a president :D I'm an ordirary person with simple hobbies - love travelling, reading books, meeting my friends, I just love life as it is, with all advantages and disadvantages. I just have an interesting hobby - I collect bookmarks :) I'm a passionate bookmark collector and hope to find more collectors, exchange bookmarks with them, show my collection to others and have a look at other collections :) You can contact me, if you're interested in bookmark exchange :) Hope to find friends from all over the world :)

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beautiful Garachico sunset

Garachico is a town anchored on the edge of the Atlantic, at a distance from the capital of Tenerife of a little over sixty kilometres. One day, life stopped here when the town was buried by a raging volcano, the Trevejo Volcano. But after that fateful day in 1706, Garachico was born again from the ashes and today the town presents itself to us in all its charm, with unique architecture, in which not only churches and monasteries are offered from another time but also a number of private houses of great size, with large internal courtyards, enormous doorways and shady hallways which give the buildings a truly remarkable atmosphere. The sea is one of the most charming aspects of Garachico so it is no surprise that there are swimming pools, beaches and sheltered little bays which let the holidaymaker take a relaxing and refreshing dip. And then, in contrast, the visitor can go up to the pine forest at La Montañeta, where the sand of the old volcanoes contrasts with the green of an immense pinewood, which encircles the shoulders of Mount Teide.
Garachico has always taken care of its environment and protected the most diverse cultural manifestations. For all these reasons, the Spanish government awarded the town the Gold Medal of Fine Arts, which was presented in 1980 by His Majesty the King. Garachico is an obligatory port of call for all those who make beauty and peace a leitmotif in their lives.


Thank you very much for this gift ,Vaida :)

No comments:

Post a Comment