Hello, my name is Liudmila. I was born in Lithuania, have family roots in Russia, but now I live in Norway:) I can't tell anything astonishing about myself... I'm not registered in the Guinness Book of Records, haven't invented the bicycle and wasn't elected as a president :D I'm an ordirary person with simple hobbies - love travelling, reading books, meeting my friends, I just love life as it is, with all advantages and disadvantages. I just have an interesting hobby - I collect bookmarks :) I'm a passionate bookmark collector and hope to find more collectors, exchange bookmarks with them, show my collection to others and have a look at other collections :) You can contact me, if you're interested in bookmark exchange :) Hope to find friends from all over the world :)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Fair Trade Tin bookmark ,painted on the metal...Handmade in Kenya

TEMAK, The Teenage mothers and girl association of Kenya,trains young women in life skills necessary to support themselves and their families. One of the many skills is craft-making from readily available materials. The organization also opens international markets to other artisans in the town of Kisumu, who previously relied on the tourists visiting Lake Victoria. These artisans share their skills with the young women of TEMAK turning Kisumu into a true artisan enclave. Tinsmiths cut the tin bookmarks from sheets of misprinted bottle caps from the local bottling company. Together with the young women of TEMAK artisans paint the bookmarks and affix twine of water hyacinth weed, an environmental nuisance clogging Lake Victoria. http://www.partnersinfairtrade.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment